Monday, 17 December 2012

Home To Make Money - Drivers Brawl After Crash at San Jose Grand Prix


By Mark Hoerrner

What happened on the sidewalk after Sunday's race was anything but racing, regardless of the euphemism. Some call it a knuckle sandwich, some guys call it chin music.

Threw his car into a tight and controlled 180 degree turn that gave him the ability to launch himself back onto the track, ever the competitor, tracy. Bourdais would finish first and take the wreath for the day while Tracy would skid off-track around Turn 6. Originally putting him ahead of Sebastien Bourdais, his initial start was illegal. Had been having trouble the whole day, a former series champion, paul Tracy.

This was his seventh accident of the season. As Tagliani has had a consistent problem this season managing the laws of physics, this shouldn't have surprised Tracy. He ran into (literally) fellow driver Alex Tagliani, so as he returned to the track, the problem that presented itself for Tracy is that two cars can't occupy the same space at the same time.

It took several bystanders to pull the drivers apart. Tracy came swinging, when Tagliani made it clear he wasn't going to relent. But Tracy pushed him off and continued down the sidewalk, tagliani grappled with Tracy. Chasing Tracy down and berating him through his barely-opened helmet, tagliani switched from elite race car driver to street thug, after the race.

" I had to defend myself. But he kept grabbing me and I told him to stop grabbing me, i said I was sorry. He came up and confronted me. Got the car turned around and I thought I had enough room to leave before Tagliani got past me but obviously I didn't and as I was coming back on to the track we touched and that was it for both of us, "I went off into the runoff. " Tracy told the Santa Cruz Sentinel, "I pulled right out in front of him.

He later said that he was incredulous Tracy pulled out in front of him, though in a later interview, tagliani declined to comment about his attack on Tracy.

He also lamented the repairs. He was naturally upset about being knocked to a lower peg, with a strategy that would have put him in second place behind Bourdais. Tagliani's fury stems from his placement in the race.

" I really think we had the car to finish right in front of Cristiano da Matta which was second place and Tracy hitting me took the podium away from us. "Everything was working as planned. " Tagliani said, "This is a huge disappointment for our team and having the guys work hard like that again to rebuild the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment