Wednesday, 19 December 2012
How To Make Money As A Kid - How to Choose and Register a Domain Name For an Internet Marketing Site
It's more convenient that way. I use a web host that also registers domain names. You're going to have to register a domain name for your new website, once you get your web hosting squared away.
Let's talk about the issues surrounding this. There seem to be two schools of thought about the importance of the domain name.
But not nearly as important in the online world as in the off-line world, that's important, yeah, my feeling is. Like businesses need a memorable name, some people think you need a memorable domain name.
But the platform takes care of the details, sure you discover sites recommended by your peeps, yeah, within Digg or StumbleUpon. The number of people who discover a site through a referral has to be almost nil, unless it's in the sphere of a site like Digg or StumbleUpon. I don't think I've ever had anyone refer me to a site by telling me the name of the URL. People don't discover your site by typing in the URL. This all gets back to our discussion about how visitors get to your site.
) (Unless there's too much of a disconnect between your page's content and the name of your site. Either, although I don't really think there's going to be too much of a negative impact there. Your domain name could affect your traffic that way, so. Especially if the blurb about the website is unclear, i check out the domain name, usually when I read the results from a Google search.
The name just pops into my head at some random time, usually after I've done all of this, although. I have to go through this process to choose a good domain name. I brainstorm and make a list of ten or twenty names. When I decide on a domain name I look at my main keyword phrase and see if I can get anything out of that.
A good trick to make your name more readable by human's is to put hyphens between the words. But I don't know if I've been able to think of a two word name lately that hasn't been taken, two would be better. Try to keep the name down to three words.
Look how much easier it is to read this: [http://www.model-english-trains.com]. It's better to put hyphens between the words, and you wanted your domain name to be [http://www.modelenglishtrains.com], but if your website was about model English trains, this isn't a real domain name (or at least I don't think it is-I didn't check it to see).
And it will encourage humans to click on the link for your page from the search engine results page, the second URL is much easier for a human to read than the first, in addition. Also, the hyphens are easier for the search engines to read, according to Google's information at the Webmaster's Tools.
Either way is fine. You can Google that and find it. 's domain registration page. You can also look them up through Yahoo, although I register my domain names through my web host!
Then find another name, if you can't find one of the standard suffixes for the name you've chosen. Nothing funky. Net. Com or a . You'll want your domain to end in a .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment